Saturday, June 19, 2010

Weekend Rant

I consider myself an optimist.  I have this philosophy that if something bad happens, all we can do is fix it or get over it.  A big saying in my family is to, “Shit or get off the pot.”  Meaning, do something about it, or stop complaining about it.

During the past couple of years, I went through situations that have left a very bitter taste in my mouth.   I recently had to start over with practically nothing.  Granted, I am more independent and stronger than I ever thought possible, but at the same time aren’t there lessons I should be learning here?

I’ve realized that I have become quite distrustful.  I have shut myself off from anybody who really cares about me because I am so afraid of getting hurt again.  This contradicts every single bone in my body.  I’m your stereotypical Leo.  I love adventure and risks, and here I am... not taking a shit on this pot of mine.

I suppose my question is, when do we become too tainted to trust anybody?

Is there anybody out there who can turn back time please?  I’ll let you guest blog ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment