Thursday, June 10, 2010

This Wretched Sea

My Ship is lost.
In the storm through which it is tossed.
With no one to keep me company,
and never to grow any fonder.
Of what lies ahead, no matter what is said.
Doomed to this wretched plain.
Doomed to endure this hurtful pain.
To forever search for love.
Looking for the one, who came from above.
To pull me from this drowning flood.
And when I thought I found him,
I landed in the mud.
I am still looking for that ray.
Which will turn darkness into day.
The guy to set me free.
From this wretched storm-tossed sea. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a woman's cry.

    I love it. It puts what most women feel into words, and it flows from your mind to your fingers and onto "paper" with such fluidity.

    Write on love.
    Speak to my heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write beautifully as well. Thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete